[JHRB News] Just Cataloged Books pages refreshed!

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Wed Mar 3 08:38:46 EST 2004

Well, the snow has all melted, daily temperatures are consistently above
10 degrees, and Baseball's Spring Training has started... is it time to
dig out the beach chairs yet?  All the book elves in the Cataloging Cave
are sporting spiffy new Red Sox t-shirts and whistling "Center Field"
and... well, let's just put it this way- we are not overly worried about
losing any of them to American Idol anytime soon.

As part of their burst of Winter-is-Almost-Over enthusiasm, they have
prepared a new selection of books for our Just Catalogued pages!

<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

This week's entries include a large number of antiques reference books, as
well as books on books, history, and a smattering and scattering of other
stuff,.  Highlights include-

-Han Ulrich-Haedeke's scarce little German catalog of cutlery and cutting
tools... ouch!

-a wonderfully meandering little 1928 essay on Sicilian oil jars.

-a very interesting exhibition catalog of Georgian & Victorian japanned
wares.

-a cute-as-a-button 1817 Milanese printing of Antonio Neri's "L'Arte
Vetraria", the first book on glass-making when it was originally published
in 1612.

-a scarce and interesting essay on losses to art and literature in the
Great Fire of Boston in 1873.

-a nice copy of Frederic Fairchild Sherman's 1925 limited edition study of
artists and craftsmen of Connecticut.

There's even an essay on colophons -just in case you were missing yours.
Don't leave home without your essay on colophons...

And lots, lots more!
<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

____________________________
JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries
Post Office Box 516
Concord, Massachusetts 01742 USA
telephone (617) 492-5367
email <office at joslinhall.com>;
~~
Our full-service website features 82 separate subject categories, is
updated daily and has full search capabilities. http://www.joslinhall.com
~~
Subscribe to our free email News List and get special discounts and offers
on selected books! Send e-mail to
<JHRBnews- at joslinhall.com>; and put the word
"subscribe" (without quotes) in the Subject line of your note.
~~
Check out our "Featured Book"
http://www.joslinhall.com/today1.htm
~~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa, Mastercard and
Discover.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $1.50 for each additional book.
Shipments outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we
are notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please
ask for full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add
5% state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.

Subscribe to the free Rare Books Mailing List
http://www.rarebooksmailinglist.com