[JHRB News] Americana Sale to honor Alastair Cooke

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Wed Mar 31 07:31:13 EST 2004

  "Cooke was once described as a 20th
   century equivalent to French historian
   Alexis de Tocqueville -- an outsider
   whose perspective gave him unique
   insight into the national character,
   institutions and phenomena that
   Americans take for granted."

<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/03/31/MNGRT5U4S91.DTL>

Yesterday, March 30th, 2004, British writer/broadcaster Alastair Cooke
died.  Author of the BBC's weekly "Letter from America" since 1946, Cooke
served as an observor and ambassador from his adopted country to the rest
of the world for many decades.  In commemoration of his work, we are
offering JHRB News List subscribers a 20% discount on books listed on our
AMERICANA pages from now through Sunday.  We may announce the sale on the
book-related mailing lists this weekend, but you, as JHRB News List
subscribers, are getting a few extra days and first notification.

You can find the books here-

<http://www.joslinhall.com/amer1.htm>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/amer2.htm>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/amer3.htm>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/amer4.htm>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/amer5.htm>

Please remember when ordering that you need to tell us you are a subscriber.

-Forrest

____________________________
JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries
Post Office Box 516
Concord, Massachusetts 01742 USA
telephone (617) 492-5367
email <office at joslinhall.com>;
~~
Our full-service website features 82 separate subject categories, is
updated daily and has full search capabilities. http://www.joslinhall.com
~~
Subscribe to our free email News List and get special discounts and offers
on selected books! Send e-mail to
<JHRBnews- at joslinhall.com>; and put the word
"subscribe" (without quotes) in the Subject line of your note.
~~
Check out our "Featured Book"
http://www.joslinhall.com/today1.htm
~~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa, Mastercard and
Discover.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $1.50 for each additional book.
Shipments outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we
are notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please
ask for full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5%
state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.

Subscribe to the free Rare Books Mailing List
http://www.rarebooksmailinglist.com