[JHRB News] Newsletter for October 13th, 2004

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Wed Oct 13 15:21:33 EDT 2004

SPEAKING of Books...

The Joslin Hall Rare Books Newsletter
  October 13th, 2004

This is going to be a very short Newsletter, simply intended to let you all
know that we have just updated our "Just Catalogued" pages on the website.

- - - - - NEW ON THE WEBSITE - - - - -
    "Just Catalogued" Pages Updated!

<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

Our Just Catalogued pages have just been updated with a bevy of decorative
arts and other books, including books on German stoneware, Czech glass,
Durer forgeries, metalwork, woodenware, furniture, silver, wrought iron,
and much more!

Some highlights include  -

- several important catalogs on English delftware, including the V&A
catalog, a volume on dated English delftware, and more

- a 1924 auction catalog of Egyptian antiquities

- the first edition of an 1877 silversmith’s handbook

- an elegant 1936 study of the Company of Horners

- a scholarly and extra-ordinarily British study of early English sun-dials

- a very curious and diminutive Victorian edition of Accum’s important 1820
treatise on food adulteration, “Death in the Pot”

- an odd 1863 book by “Agretsis” about feeding the poor in England with
interesting comments on the American Civil War and the English colonies in
Australia

and much more!
<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

That's going to do it for today. We'll have regular, longer Newsletter next
week.

-Forrest

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries
Post Office Box 516, Concord, Massachusetts 01742 USA
telephone (617) 492-5367
email <office at joslinhall.com>;
~~
Our full-service website features 82 separate subject
categories, is updated daily and has full search
capabilities. http://www.joslinhall.com
~~
Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
discounts and offers on selected books! Send e-mail to
<JHRBnews- at joslinhall.com>; and put the word
"subscribe" (without quotes) in the Subject line of your note.
~~
Check out our "Featured Book"
http://www.joslinhall.com/today1.htm
~~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges
are $5.00 for the first book, and $1.50 for each additional book.
Shipments outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns
if we are notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please
ask for full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add
5% state sales tax.

As members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of
America we are committed to upholding high professional
standards and making sure your bookbuying experience is
enjoyable.

Subscribe to the free Rare Books Mailing List
http://www.rarebooksmailinglist.com