[JHRB News] Newsletter for January 12th, 2005

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Wed Jan 12 09:07:33 EST 2005

SPEAKING of Books...

The Joslin Hall Rare Books Newsletter
  January 12th, 2005

It's snowing again here, and the book elves have been having a fine old
time the last few weeks, skiing and tobogganing and sledding, and skating
on the pond on Boston Common with the cute elvettes from one of the coffee
shops on Newbury Street. Then it's hot chocolate and marshmallows. However,
before they went skating off from the Cataloging Cave this morning, they
put together an interesting selection of newly-acquired books and posted
them on our Just Catalogued pages, which have just been posted on the website-

- - - - - NEW ON THE WEBSITE - - - - -
    "Just Catalogued" Pages Updated!

<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

Highlights include-

- a beautiful leatherbound set of scarce books on Essex County,
Massachusetts artisans and tradesmen...

- several interesting Connecticut Historical Society Bulletins, with topics
including the "Aaron Roberts" cabinetmaker attributions, New London joined
chairs, miniatures on ivory, and more...

- a rare monograph on an American 18th century Queen Anne escritoire,
limited to 200 copies...

- an important bibliography of American decorative arts books...

- a scarce Arman auction catalog of the Caleb Ewing Collection of American
Glass...

- an 1891 vision of "Museums of the Future"...

- an especially important book on American Indian fur-trade silver...

- an unusual book on "Artur Tow Crate" in Staffordshire; the inside skinny
on Staffordshire pottery dialect...

- an 1852 speech in support of the controversial and tragic Collins Line of
transatlantic steamers...

- an unusual 1883 trade catalog of Japonistic coal hods...

- a nice copy of the most important and elegant book on American silver...

- a beautifully bound set of "Annals of Philadelphia", printed in 1887...

- an odd 1877 celebration of Boston's Faneuil Hall Marketplace, with an
albumen frontispiece...

and much more!

<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

-Forrest

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries
Post Office Box 516, Concord, Massachusetts 01742 USA
telephone (617) 492-5367

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> Visit our new BARGAIN BIN pages for a selection
      of good, inexpensive books for your bookshelf!
<http://www.joslinhall.com/special-1.htm>

  ~~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard. Books
may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed; Standard
courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $1.50 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.