[JHRB News] New Catalog of Catalogs available
Joslin Hall Rare Books
office at joslinhall.com
Wed Oct 26 14:47:37 EDT 2005
We have just released a the new October/November issue of
"Going Once... Going Twice...", our catalog of vintage antique & art
auction catalogs. If you would like a printed copy, please send
your mailing address.
A web-based copy is also available for viewing here-
Categories include: Furniture & Americana; China Trade; Silver; Judaica;
Oriental rugs & Orientalia; ceramics & glass; antiquities; Russian arts;
Fine arts; bronzes, ethnographica, and more!
- the 1977 sale of the "original" Boscobel Restoration furnishings.
- the 1930 sale of the collection of noted American furniture collector
- the 1931 sale of the stock of American furniture dealer Benajmin
Flayderman, which included an entire McIntyre room.
- the 1981 sale of the Jenckes Collection of rare American pewter.
- the 1940 sale of the furnishings in the house where a future Director of
the Metropolitan Museum of Art grew up.
-the 1970 sale of the 'Barnard Clock', a Thomas Tompion clock apparently
made for Queen Anne.
- the 1981 sale of the famous folk art collection of Howard and Jean Lipman.
- the 2-volume 1994 sale of the Bertram & Nina Fletcher Little Collection.
- the 1972 sale of the collection of Mrs. Giles Whiting, one of the
organizers of the Girl Scout Loan Exhibition .
- the 1969 sale of the Caldwell Collection of English blue & white porcelain.
- an unusual 1969 auction devoted to a single collection of bonbonnieres
- the 1967 auction devoted to an Imperial Russian dinner service.
- the 1966 sale of the "Grittleton Marbles", a unique set of early
- the 1979 sale of the Harbeson Collection of chess sets.
- the 1967 sale which included the Pelham set of pre-Cromwellian apostle
spoons, and the Pelham Collection of Ancient English Silver Spoons.
- the 1923 sale of Barye bronzes from the Carhart and Bond collections.
- three catalogs of Animalier & other bronzes from the Dodge Collection.
- the 2-volume 1969/70 sale of the Hagop Kevorkian Collection of oriental
- the 1952 sale of the private painting collection of renowned dealer Felix
and much more!
If you would like a printed copy, please send your mailing address. A
web-based copy is also available for viewing here-
JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries
on the decorative and fine arts & design
Post Office Box 239
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060 USA
telephone (413) 247-5080
--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
discounts and offers on selected books!
--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
categories, and has full search capabilities.
--> Visit our new BARGAIN BIN pages for a selection
of good, inexpensive books for your bookshelf!
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard. Books
may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed; Standard
courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $1.50 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.
As members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America we are
committed to upholding high professional standards and making sure your
bookbuying experience is enjoyable.
More information about the JHRBnews