[JHRB News] 'Recent Acquisitions' book catalog now available

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Tue Mar 21 06:41:35 EST 2006

Spring is here, and the Book Elves are in full fettle, putting away sleds
and shovels and dragging out the barbecue, lawn furniture and hammocks. But
before they dis-assembled the last snowman out front and tried to stuff him
into the freezer, they finished a new printed catalog of our latest
acquisitions...

"Recent Acquisitions & other Interesting Books for March-April, 2006"
is now available as a printed catalog, and is also available on our website-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

This catalog features a selection of 122 books on furniture, ceramics,
glass, silver, textiles and other decorative arts, as well as the odd and
intriguing tidbit that just happened to slip by.

Highlights include-

- Wonderful newly-published books on mocha-ware and boxes...

- A scarce Victorian collection of Renaissance furniture designs...

- A 1923 auction catalog of Barye bronzes...

- Potter Eric Ellis Soderholtz's copy of a 1908 catalog of ancient Arretine
pottery...

- A folio volume celebrating the houses and gardens of the rich and
frivolous in pre-and post-Revolutionary France...

- An interesting study of Moscow pewter...

- An important 1901 book on the dangers of the Staffordshire potteries...

- A key 1918 book on Bennington pottery...

- A bound set of an 1870 newspaper printed aboard the very first
trans-continental excursion train...

- An important Gothic Revival furniture design book...

- The catalog of the very first Parke-Bernet auction, and the catalog of
the most important auction of American furniture ever held...

- and much more, including wonderful new books on cutlery, glass decanters,
porcelain cats, and needlework tools!

<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries

Post Office Box 239
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060 USA
telephone (413) 247-5080

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Just Catalogued" pages for February
<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

  ~~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard. Books
may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed; Standard
courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.