[JHRB News] New Books on Glass Catalog

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Tue Apr 24 07:45:08 EDT 2007

Glass and the Book Elves have always been uneasy companions, whether we
are talking about flying croquet balls going through plate glass windows
or the fact that if you are going to buy a rare and expensive Lalique
clock on Ebay you had better make sure the trademark is spelled with a "q"
and not a "k"...

But before their latest "let's see how high we can stack the Baccarat
stemware" contest crashed down to its inevitable, messy conclusion, they
finished our new "Books on Glass & Glassmaking" catalog. This catalog
features 151 books and other items about antique glass, glassmakers, glass
technology, and the history of glass.

Highlights include-

-A 1919 history of the Worshipful Company of Glaziers.

-An 1835 guide to Crown Glass cutting and glazing, written by the "Glass
Cutter, Glazier and Stained Glass-Maker to the King of Scotland".

-A bound compendium of 19th century glass patents.

-An 1898 and a 1940 history of the Worshipful Company of Glass-Sellers.

-An uncommon catalog of a leading Arts & Crafts designers' work, including
stained glass windows.

-The extremely scarce true first, private, edition of the first book on
American glassmaking.

-A nice 1880 glass lamp catalog.

-Two early 19th century editions of Neri's "Art of Glass", including a
rare edition published by Sir Thomas Phillipps' Middle Hill Press in 1826
in an edition of 100 copies.

-A ca.1810 broadside of terms for London Plate Glass Manufacturers.

-and many standard glass reference books.

The catalog is available in printed format, or you can see it here-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_299.htm>

 - - -

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries

Post Office Box 239
Northampton, Massachusetts 01061 USA
telephone (413) 247-5080

Our website-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our Latest Catalogs-

MARCH, 2007
 -Selections from our stock
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_296.htm>

BOOKS ON CERAMICS
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_295.htm>

BOOKS ON FURNITURE
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_293.htm>

FOLK ARTS, AMERICANA & CHINA TRADE
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_291.htm>

BOOKS ON AMERICAN SILVER
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_289.htm>

FIRE AND ICE
 -lighting, fireplaces & ice
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_282.htm>

A GRAVE AFFAIR
 -gravestones, epitaphs & mourning
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_288.htm>

 ~ ~ ~

 SPEAKING OF BOOKS
    -Our free email News List

 FOGGYGATES
    - our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

 ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard. Books
may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed; Standard
courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.