[JHRB News] Our New Books on Silver & Silversmiths Catalog

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Tue Nov 6 11:58:42 EST 2007

It's nearly Thanksgiving, which means a big dinner, which means the Book
Elves have to polish the silver. The Book Elves hate polishing the silver.
This year they decided to "shorten" the task and had a go at it with a
concoction they saw advertised on late night tv called "Blast Off! –Super
Silver Polish and Drain Cleaner".

It turns out there were two reasons it was called "Blast Off!". The first
is that it removed the tines from all the forks. The second is that it
turned out to be highly flammable, as they found out when they turned on
the gas stove to boil water for tea in the middle of the job.

But before the explosion gave the turkey (and the rest of the kitchen)
that "nice smoky flavor" and we got re-acquainted with the friendly
fire-department folks from three adjoining towns, the Book Elves finished
our latest catalog-

Catalog #308: BOOKS ON SILVER & SILVERSMITHS features 286 books and
catalogs on antique silver, silversmiths, silversmithing and related
topics.

The catalog is posted online-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_308.htm>

We also have printed copies available. Please send us your address if you
would like a free copy.

 - - -

This is an OPT-IN email newsletter.
To receive a copy you must subscribe your email address.
To edit your subscription options or unsubscribe, go to

If you have any question, or are having difficulties adjusting
your subscription or unsubscribing, email office at joslinhall.com

 - - -

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries

Post Office Box 239
Northampton, Massachusetts 01061 USA
telephone (413) 247-5080

Our website-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our Latest Catalogs-

SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER, 2007
 -Selections from our stock
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_304.htm>

FOLK ARTS & AMERICANA
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_302.htm>

BOOKS ON GLASS
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_299.htm>

BOOKS ON CERAMICS
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_295.htm>

BOOKS ON FURNITURE
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_306.htm>

BOOKS ON AMERICAN SILVER
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_289.htm>

FIRE AND ICE
 -lighting, fireplaces & ice
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_282.htm>

A GRAVE AFFAIR
 -gravestones, epitaphs & mourning
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_288.htm>

 ~ ~ ~

 SPEAKING OF BOOKS
    -Our free email News List

 FOGGYGATES
    - our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

 ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard. Books
may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed; Standard
courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.