[JHRB News] Book Elves & Recent Acquisitions for December

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Tue Nov 29 07:29:56 EST 2016

The Book Elves love shopping, but they hate waiting in line, so Black
Friday has become been a bit of a problem for them as the lines start
earlier and earlier and grow longer and longer. But where others see
“problems” the Book Elves see fresh opportunities for mayhem, or, as
they insist on putting it, “problem solving”. This year’s “problem” was
to get through the department store doors before anyone else at the
stroke of midnight, without waiting in line; the “solution” found the
Book Elves boarding a chartered DC-3 in full paratrooper gear on
Thanksgiving night. A quick flight over the local mall, and a perfectly
executed “stick drop” found the Book Elves on the roof of Macy’s, from
which they rappelled down the sides of the building and swung in through
the entrance, closely mimicking a scene from one of the Die Hard movies.

It all would have worked perfectly, if only Macy’s had been open at the
time.

But before the Book Elves finished cleaning up the broken glass and
started scrambling for alibis proving that they’d been absolutely
elsewhere that night, they finished our latest catalog-

Recent Acquisitions for December, 2016

which may be viewed or downloaded as a .pdf file here ->
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog366.pdf>

--

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries

Post Office Box 239
Northampton, Massachusetts 01061 USA
telephone (413) 247-5080

http://www.joslinhall.com

Our email list
http://joslinhall.com/mailman/listinfo/jhrbnews_joslinhall.com

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

Tumblr
https://joslinhall.tumblr.com

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.