[JHRB News] New Recent Acquisitions Catalog & Book Elf Adventures

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Tue May 2 11:43:26 EDT 2017

The Book Elves like to win, and in the Summertime “winning” to the Book
Elves means that their garden has the first harvestable cucumbers and
peppers, and the first red, ripe tomatoes. And for that they need the
earliest start they can get in the Spring; and for that, they need warm
soil. For years the Book Elves did what all other New England gardeners
do to help their garden soil warm up- they prayed, and then cursed the
weatherman. Last Spring they decided to take a slightly more “proactive”
approach, and it was working until the Spring winds whipped their
earth-warming bonfires out of control and provided the local
neighborhood with quite a bit more excitement than anyone was planning
on.

Having been warned by the local Fire Marshall “not to /@#$@@!!! do that
again”, the Book Elves became thoughtful, devious… and desperate. But
before the Book Elves plugged thirty-two electric blankets together,
spread them out over the garden, cranked them up to 11, and watched as
it began to rain and the resulting electric arc blew out all the circuit
breakers in this half of the Valley, they finished our latest catalog-

“Recent Acquisitions”

which may be viewed or downloaded as a .pdf file here ->
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog376.pdf>

--

JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries

Post Office Box 239
Northampton, Massachusetts 01061 USA
telephone (413) 247-5080

http://www.joslinhall.com

Our email list
http://joslinhall.com/mailman/listinfo/jhrbnews_joslinhall.com

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

Tumblr
https://joslinhall.tumblr.com

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.