[JHRB News] Fire & Ice Catalog & New Picture in our Album...

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Sat Mar 27 12:17:34 EST 2004

There is no new catalog or list coming out this week, so I wanted to take
a moment to give you a first heads-up on a long-term project, scheduled
for release later this year.  "Fire and Ice" will be a catalog focusing
on... well... fire and ice.  Fire as (as Walter Hough put it) "an agent of
human culture"- as it has been used for lighting, cooking, warmth and
other things.  And ice as it has been used for cooling, preserving,
recreation and other activities.  If either or both topics interest you,
let us know and we will put you down for a copy of the catalog.

Also, we have posted a new photo in our Picture Album
<http://www.joslinhall.com/photos.htm>, an oddly fascinating albumen print
of an unknown town in the American midwest ca.1880 ; I may be much too
easily amused, but each time I look at this photo I find it more
interesting... <http://www.joslinhall.com/photos-oldtown.htm>

The daffodils are poking their way through the dead leaves in the garden
and the Book Gnomes have departed the Caloging Cave in that general
direction with shovels and rakes and implements of destruction... which
means they'll probably end up taking the afternoon off to watch the Red
Sox play one of their last exhibition games of the pre-season.

We'll have them back at work first thing Monday morning, getting a new
catalog ready, so stay tuned...

-Forrest

____________________________
JOSLIN HALL RARE BOOKS, ABAA
Fine books of the 16th-20th centuries
Post Office Box 516
Concord, Massachusetts 01742 USA
telephone (617) 492-5367
email <office at joslinhall.com>;
~~
Our full-service website features 82 separate subject categories, is
updated daily and has full search capabilities. http://www.joslinhall.com
~~
Subscribe to our free email News List and get special discounts and offers
on selected books! Send e-mail to
<JHRBnews- at joslinhall.com>; and put the word
"subscribe" (without quotes) in the Subject line of your note.
~~
Check out our "Featured Book"
http://www.joslinhall.com/today1.htm
~~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank; We
accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa, Mastercard and
Discover.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $1.50 for each additional book.
Shipments outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we
are notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please
ask for full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5%
state sales tax.

bookbuying experience is enjoyable.

Subscribe to the free Rare Books Mailing List
http://www.rarebooksmailinglist.com